Almost daily, I look at my Jilliann and think – “where has the time gone”? Her crazy curly hair, those chubby thighs and those hilarious tantrums when she would hit the floor screaming and crying because she didn’t get her way has come to a close. Our baby is TEN! Ten years ago today we were in Pascagoula, Mississippi admiring and loving our whopping nine pound baby girl.
Jilliann has flourished into this amazing young lady and I am beyond proud of the sweet thing she has become. She has seen and done more than most ten year olds her age and I can only hope that she never loses sight of her amazing courage and strength.
Happy 10th Birthday! I hope you will always know just how much you are loved by so many. You are growing up much too fast, gaining so much wisdom, and literally changing right before our eyes. I would like to at least take some of the credit for the beautiful young lady you are becoming, but I know it wasn’t all me — you deserve a lot of the credit yourself.
As you make your way through the next ten years, I hope you never lose sight on the important things in life. Here is some advice from a wise old woman you call your mother:
* You are tremendously loved by so many.
* Friends will come and go. Some will stay a lifetime and others will come and go. This is life. But promise me you will always be the best friend you can possibly be. Always leave a positive impact on those you meet.
* Always apply 110% in your education. Trust me, you can never have enough knowledge.
* Love who you are!
* Never stop believing in yourself.
* Never do anything just because someone else is doing it. Be a leader.
* Read. And read some more. Read classics like Jane Austin and Emily Bronte.
* You can’t change people. Not men, not your friends, not your sister, not your mother or your father. Accept the ones you want to accept, move on from the ones you don’t (except your mother or your father, of course). You won’t look back, I promise.
* Love your sister. Your sister will always remain one of the most important people in your life. Along with your mom and dad, your sister will always be a valuable support system.
* Never miss a moment to take a picture. Memories are priceless.
* Please know that I am not perfect, no one is and I will make mistakes, too. I promise to always do my best to recognize those mistakes and work on myself. You are my teacher and I am yours.
* We will always love you — through the good, the bad and the ugly.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY!